Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Online Shopping Safety

One of my biggest vices is online shopping. I am a huge supporter of online shopping and the economic and social value it provides for businesses and the public. From ebay to amazon, from TOMS to Walmart, I have provided all my private information along with credit card information. I believe the draw and convenience of it all is what has others also doing such things. I can imagine like 30 years ago if someone were to ask you for all your information you would think they were crazy even now if someone were to ask you for all your personal information including credit card information you’d think they’re insane, but we do it all the time on the Internet. How safe are the sites where we are buying that adorable Gucci bag from or that 500gb external hard drive. Are we really one hundred percent confident that all of our information will be safely secured from others?
Every time I type in my credit card information I am always a bit skeptical but from many years of experience I have realized that secured sites actually mean they are secure. I have purchased countless of items mostly clothing on ebay and I have yet to get any of my information stolen. I even have my credit card information saved on my PayPal account so now I don’t even have to have my card every time I make a purchase.
My online purchasing identity may be construed as a shopaholic but I do not care because great deals can be sought online and if I have to take the chance of my information stolen so be it. I am a die-hard shopper and always will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment