Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Second Life: Welcome to the White House

Today in class my teacher decided to teleport us to a random location and have us observe the place we were in. I instantly knew where I was being teleported to when I arrived. Men in black suits and sunglasses approached me with earpieces asking me for credentials. I laughed to myself thinking wow whoever creating this place was intricately detailed in everything. I was standing right outside the oval office in the White House. After some persisting with the security detail, I was able to get into the oval office and look around. The president in Second Life was living it up with a huge plasma screen TV that constantly played Obama clips. I was able to sit at the presidents desk in his chair and see what he sees when he sits there.
After a good tour of the oval office, I decide to embark on the White House grounds to see if everything is replicated to be the same as the real one. As I stepped outside, I realized there was a lot of security around but it was obviously not the same. I flew to the edge of this place where it was a huge shopping mall with levels and levels of stores. I then saw at the other side a McDonald’s situated by it self. Flying around this place surprised me by the minute. I saw iconic comic characters like Superman, The Flash, and Spiderman.
After spending ample time, I’ve realized that someone must have created this White House and other people have just decided to build to it what they think the United States is. I find it very interesting that all these things is what people believe our nation’s capital represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment